02-27-2019 07:14 PM
I keep getting the message to clean ink stains from the printer. I've done everything to rectify the problem (cleaning the roller, installing new HP cartridges) to no avail. I see that others with the same problem have been advised to do a semi full reset. How does one do that?
03-01-2019 09:11 AM
A warm welcome to HP Support Community!
Power resetting the printer and then performing an automated/manual cleaning may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector
2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door
3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)
4) Manually clean the area around the ink nozzles, refer to step 6 from this document.
5) Plug the power cord back into the printer
6) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.
7) From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
😎 Click Print & Fax.
9) Select the printer in the list on the left side of the dialog.
10) Click Options and Supplies.
11) Click the Utility tab at the top of the window, and then click Open Printer Utility.
12) The HP Utility opens. Click Clean Cartridges.
Let me know how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
03-02-2019 12:16 PM
I followed all your instructions up to "Clean Printer Cartridges" and there is no such icon in my printer utilities. Any other ideas? I can't get rid of the "clean ink stains from printer" message and it is beginning to drive me nuts!
03-04-2019 09:12 AM
I'm afraid, its a possible hardware failure. Please call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. You may use the following steps to contact your regional HP Support:
1) Click on this link.
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
I am an HP Employee