05-22-2019 07:21 AM
code oxb80cba40 on hp officejet printer
printer will not turn off and is frozen and says printer is offline when i lookk at info on my computer
05-23-2019 10:59 AM
Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!
Please provide the below information to assist you with an accurate resolution.
- Is the printer connected to any network or is it wired?
- Do you have a blue screen or any flashing lights on the printer?
- Are you able to remove the ink cartridges out of the printer?
Let's try these steps:
Step 1: Power Reset
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Check if you can print/copy
- If you have the same issue try connecting the printer to a different wall outlet and check
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Restart the Router, Printer, and PC(if the printer is connected to a network).
- Turn off the Router, wait for 60 seconds and turn it back on.
- Turn off the printer, wait for 60 seconds and turn it back on.
- CHeck if you can make a copy.
Let me know if this information helps.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee