Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosger
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

color acuracy of print vs.picture on screen. screen picture is much more vibrant

hp ENVY Photo 7855

Presently colors of print vary significantly from original or computer or iPhone screen. can the color for printing be adjusted on printer or computer?

Thank  you for any tips

2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
3,035 3,030 352 449
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

color acuracy of print vs.picture on screen. screen picture is much more vibrant

Creating an image on the screen and on paper are 2 very different processes. The process of creating an image on the screen is done by adding 3 basic colours red, green and blue. The process of creating an image is done by subtracting from white ( white paper) 3 colours cyan, magenta, yellow and black.

Getting the same colour on the paper and on the computer screen requires a professionally calibrated monitor and professionally calibrated printer. That equipment costs money and professionals have it.

If your printer is in fully working order with all colours working as they should you can do some adjustments on your computer (print driver)  but getting the same colours on screen and on the paper for a home printer will be very hard.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
rosger
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received the following explanation which I find not acceptable since I was very happy with my previous HP printer "All In One 310 series" which I replaced now after 9 year very satisfactory use with very good color representation on photo prints from 4x6 to letter size.

Received explanation: 

"Creating an image on the screen and on paper are 2 very different processes. The process of creating an image on the screen is done by adding 3 basic colours red, green and blue. The process of creating an image is done by subtracting from white ( white paper) 3 colours cyan, magenta, yellow and black.

Getting the same colour on the paper and on the computer screen requires a professionally calibrated monitor and professionally calibrated printer. That equipment costs money and professionals have it.

If your printer is in fully working order with all colours working as they should you can do some adjustments on your computer (print driver)  but getting the same colours on screen and on the paper for a home printer will be very hard.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation