02-24-2020 10:22 AM
I have a HP all in one 3830 printer. all of a sudden it will not print in color. when I try to change the option to color. it automatically changes it to monochrome with the error message that another setting is preventing it from printing in color. I didn't touch the settings, how can I fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-27-2020 02:52 AM
@Kimme406, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you're unable to print in color from your computer, this could be an issue with the installed drivers. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue-
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing/scanning issues
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee