03-26-2019 05:32 AM
I have a constant orange light next to the 'i' symbol on the printer, and a flashing envelope and tear drop symbol on the display screen on the printer.
I have done all the usual tricke, turning off and on, purging, even put in new cartridge.
|Still no joy
03-27-2019 02:53 PM
@RussG7990, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Step 1: Perform a hard reset on the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Step 2: Check the input/output tray
Load the printer with plain, white paper.
Raise the input tray.
Figure: Raise the input tray
Slide the paper width guide all the way to the left.
Figure: Slide the paper width guide left
Load plain white paper into the input tray, and then slide the stack of paper down until it stops.
Figure: Load plain white paper
Slide the paper width guide to the right until it stops at the edge of the paper.
Figure: Slide the paper width guide right
Pull out the output tray, and then raise the tray extender.
Figure: Pull out the output tray, and then raise the tray extender
Try printing and see if it helps.
If the issue persists, try updating the printer firmware.
Refer to this document for help
Let me know the outcome.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee