Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am having trouble with my deskjet 2652 printing colors.  I have tried new ink cartridges and the problem still persists.  Anything I print in color seems to be dull and the colors are not vibrant.  I can open up Microsoft Paint and just print out a couple of red lines and the red lines on the paper are a very dull red and do not match what I am seeing on my computer screen.  I have done a bunch of head cleanings and allignments and still no luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you so much for your time.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jplvr86 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting dull color printouts.

When you walk into a major electronics store, they have dozens of flat-screen TVs displayed on the wall, all playing the same video.

If you stand there and look at the images on the different screens, you're going to notice the picture looks slightly different on each one. Brighter whites or deeper blacks, warmer or cooler tones, less or more contrast, etc. 

Every TV varies because of screen type, contrast ratio, color calibration, the room's lighting, and even the data transmission hardware.

Your monitor is like TVs. Screen type, computer type, application version, calibration settings, color profiles, driver types, and so on all have an impact on the display color and the printer output color.

Capture.JPG

Please print the diagnostics pages and check.

Open Printer Assistant, and then print the diagnostic page.

1. Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.

The HP Printer Assistant software opens.

2. Click Print & Scan.

3. Click Maintain Your Printer.

The HP Toolbox opens.

4. Click the Device Services tab, and then click Print Quality Diagnostics Page.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Please refer to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05370810

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196 I understand about what i view on screen may differ from a printout but I have an old deskjet 1400 series and it prints everything just fine.  The deskjet 1400 is old and the motor that moves the ink does not always work but the colors that it produces were fine.  I ran out of ink and decided to not spend money on ink for a broken printer and purchased the 2600 model series.  

HP Recommended

@jplvr86

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.