Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hellow!

i have bought a new printer (deskjet 3630) from amazon this week.

a colour and a black cartridges came with the new machine.

but when i inserted the two cartridges, the black one is showed no ink left (the colour one is ok).

then i just operateed as the product support page said (clean the ink, restart the machine)but still not work.

so i cannot print the test page or any file still now.

could anyone please tell me how to solve this problem?

(i have other new cartridges, but i am not sure whether the printer or the cartridge troubleed,and i do not like to waste a new cartridge even an instant one)

thank you!IMG_0787.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi!

I am sorry to hear that, I would suggest you to try with a different set of cartridge which you have.

If the issue does not get resolved with the other cartridges as well, then kindly call HP Tech Support on 1800-474-6836.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumbs Up icon in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi!

Welcome to HP Support forum.

Click on the following link to resolve the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c046...

HP Recommended

hi, thank you for replying!

in the page u send to me,

step 1 is ok(the 2 gartridges came with the printer just today, so i am sure they are brand new and genuine)

my problem occurs to step2.

what i cannot understand is why a genuine brand new cartridge is no ink left.

is there problem refer to the printer's sensor but not the cartridge?

if the problem is about the printer, then even i replace anohther new cartridge the problem will still exist (and lost a new cartridge)

HP Recommended

Hi!

I am sorry to hear that, I would suggest you to try with a different set of cartridge which you have.

If the issue does not get resolved with the other cartridges as well, then kindly call HP Tech Support on 1800-474-6836.

HP Recommended

It is difficult to determine if it's a printer issue or an ink issue so you may need to call hp support for help.   Can you let me know if you have gone through the setup process and chosen and signed up for Instant Ink or if you have not yet gotten that far in the process and during setup the pens are not working?   We have a couple support phone numbers so I want to make sure to get you to the right group.

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.