12-27-2019 07:59 AM
I insert a new genuine HP cartridge and the cartridge empty light flashes on the printer. Have tried this with 2 new cartridges
How do I get it to accept the new cartridge?
12-30-2019 03:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue still persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-6980-printer-series/468002/model/468006/document/c00... and https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-6980-printer-series/468002/model/468006/document/c00...
If the issue persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.
Note: Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-31-2019 05:59 AM
I understand your concerns.
In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you repair your printer.
Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.
1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2)Select the product type.
3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4)Select the country from the drop-down.
5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
Have a nice day!!