Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

I have the same issue with "double vision" printing. It only happens on the first page and usually if the printer has been idle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JulieR23

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

Align the printer

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon 

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

An alignment page prints.

Image: Example of an alignment page

Try printing.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JulieR23, Welcome to HP Support Community!

• To isolate the issue further, I would like to know if the issue persists when you make a copy?
  • Have you tried printing a test page?
  • Which application are you using to print?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • To isolate the issue further, I would like to know if the issue persists when you make a copy? Yes
  • Have you tried printing a test page? Yes and it comes out fine
  • Which application are you using to print? It could be anything - FedEx, Amazon, Email...it has no preference
HP Recommended

@JulieR23

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

Align the printer

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon 

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

An alignment page prints.

Image: Example of an alignment page

Try printing.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It happened again. The fix did not work after all.

HP Recommended

@JulieR23

Is the printer directly connected to the wall outlet?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes.

HP Recommended

@JulieR23

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 
I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The reset instructions are not clear / helpful. Where is the Support Menu? I have attached photos of the screen on my printer.IMG_4550.jpgIMG_4551.jpgIMG_4548.jpgIMG_4549.jpgIMG_4547.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.