Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Rebooted both printer and computer.  Can't print a simple #10 envelope 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @PrintCrazy - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help with your printer issue 🙂

I understand that you are facing issues while printing envelope #10 on your Envy printer. I would suggest the steps mentioned below to try and fix the issue:

1. Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.
  2. Right-click on Envy 7640 and select “Printing preferences”.
  3. Under the Paper/Quality or Layout tab, select the paper size and make sure you select the correct envelope #
  4. Apply and save the settings.

Now, try changing the paper settings as mentioned here to print the envelopes: http://hp.care/2gmGFqw

Check the “Frequently asked questions”, follow the steps under “How do I print envelopes with Microsoft Word?”

If the issue persists, the issue could be with the printer drivers. Try to reinstall the drivers as suggested below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/EN7640/EN7640__Basicx64_1107.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I worked around it and had to install new drivers etc..  
Pain in the ass.  I spent about 4 hours to get 6 envelopes printed. 

TT

HP Recommended

Hello, @PrintCrazy

Thanks for the update!

I do understand that the process was little tiresome and time-consuming. But, I'm glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow :)​​​​

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.