Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer loses connection to wireless.  I have to unplug and plug it back it to reconnect.  The wirelessl ight is on like it's connected, but when i try to print, it says it is "offline".  There is no way that I can see to keep the printer from going to sleep or turning off on it's own. to keep it from disconnecting. (at least I think that is when it disconnects)  I have it set to come back on in the morning, but just being on does not reset the connection, it has to be unplugged.  i have talked to support twice about this and we reset the IP address one time but continues to disconnect.  I see there are many who have the same issue.  Is there a solution? or is it "sorry about your luck" kind of thing?  Remote printing cannot  be done so that was a waste of money.  You have to be in the building or close to the printer in order to print anything and sometimes that is just not convenient.  This printer is only about 6 months old, but i'm ready to throw it in the trash....  

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@mjamsu

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Where is the solution? HPEnvy 7855 continuously appears to lose wifi connection and laptop cannot print to it although it shows wifi light on and app states "Ready". Laptop printer queue shows printer as offline.

HP Recommended

@H46D

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you're on a Windows Operating System, try these steps:

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

They never got back with me so no solution.  The one rep talked about replacing the printer, but it seems to be a common problem and they replace with a refurbished printer. I don't want someone else's problem plus mine!   The problem I have is that there is no way to keep the printer from going to sleep or turning off and that is when mine disconnects.  I won't buy an HP printer again and has made me leery about buying anything HP.  There is a new solution posted that I will try.

HP Recommended

This was marked as  "solved".  It has hardly been solved.  Every time I want to print something, I have to go to the printer, unplug it, and plug it back in.  Sometimes that does not work and I have to go through the whole process of connecting to the router, including putting the password back in.  I have many smart appliances and this is the only one that drops the connection every. single. day.  One rep offered to replace the printer, but when I asked about details, that was the last I heard from him.  With so many having the same issue, I doubt that would help anyway.   The case may have been elevated to the appropriate team but I never heard back from HP...I guess ignoring a problem will make it go away... No more HP products for me.....

HP Recommended

No solution that I know of.. this was marked solved but  is not even close to being solved.  I still have to unplug the printer and plug back in to get it to print.  i guess that's a solution of sorts, but an unacceptable one...

HP Recommended

no solution for windows other than to unplug and plug back in.  I don't know about IOS..  would be interested to see if they give you a solution...nothing has worked for me.  I have called them numerous times, being on the phone with them for hours.  The last time they got on my router and changed settings...that messed up my router and I had to call my internet provider to get it fixed.  I guess they finally just decided to ignore the problem and hope that it goes away...but there are too many people who have the same issue.  

HP Recommended

This solution does not work.  Funny that the exchanges I had with another rep have been removed from this thread.  He was the one who offered to exchange the printer, but never responded when I asked him for details on how to do it.  He had offered several solutions as well, none of which worked..  

HP Recommended

I never heard back from HP about this issue and it's just getting worse.  Now printer can't print because there is no paper in the tray when there is plenty of paper in the tray.  The driver disappears from my computer...And will not start bluetooth connection.  So that on top of disconnecting from the router every 15 minutes when it goes to sleep makes this printer pretty useless and certainly not worth the $200+ price tag...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.