12-11-2019 07:08 PM
I am trying to print in color yet when I choose to print, no matter what menu I go to, I don't have the choice to choose Color or Black and White.
I've gone to my control panel and right clicked to look for the choice under layout, paper, quality, you name it, I've gone there.
ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice, ZERO change.
what can I do about this?
12-14-2019 04:46 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1) Does the copy works?
2) Have you tried printing from a different devices?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download and install the firmware from this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-16-2019 02:20 PM
as explained in the very first post, I did all of the steps you'd outlined 3 times prior to even posting on the community.
I even went as far as to remove anything remotely titled with " HP " so that I knew I had no remnants of the previous installs.
I am starting to think that my post was not thoroughly read . I am thinking that somehow, something is restricted on my actual computer but if that were the case, it wouldn't make sense that any random person could remotely print and not have the same restriction.
anyway, I am really hoping you can help resolve this so that I don't have to email stuff to myself and print from my cellphone.
12-29-2019 09:33 AM
no change. and i'm curious. since my kids and wife can print wirelsessly from their CELL PHONE and their LAPTOPS in color, why would connecting it via USB make any difference to the actual computer it's installed on?
do you have the capability of calling me and remote dialing into my PC ?