Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i tried this but unfortunately it didn't work.  All i get on my Mac is 'error' in the status field in print and scan.  I've got nothing else to go on

HP Recommended

Hello jca285. I understand you are experiencing an error. I need to know the error message on the printer control panel, and the printer itself. If you finding it difficult to locate the model number of the printer, you can reference this document for more information: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bpy21016

Please respond as soon as possible. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hi, what about this reset for same error on the Photo smart D7360 ?
HP Recommended

It worked for me!  My printer had not been used for almost two years.  On start up I received the error code and went out bought new ink put it in and still had the error code.  I followed the instructions Robert posted and now am printing no problem!

Thank you very much Robert 🙂

HP Recommended
What did Robert post ?
HP Recommended

I have not used my C6183  3-in-1 for more that 6 years.   After replacing old with new cartridges an error message  Ink system has failed with err mess 0xc18a0106.  Please advise.

Kind regards

danis1507

HP Recommended
I have the same problem with hp photosmart C6280 (ink system failure) . All cartridges are new . What should I do. Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi @alaarf,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One Printer that is showing an Ink System Failure message. I would like to help.

Here is the support document intended for use with this issue - 'Ink System' Error Displays.

If that support document fails to resolve the issue there may be an issue with the printer's hardware. At that point I would contact HP Tech Support by phone. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did the master reset and tried to print the selected text and it only printed the names on the email but not the document itself.  I tried again printing pages 1-3 and I keep getting the same thing.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @jeaneola!

I saw your post about the error code you are seeing on your printer and wanted to reply. As you've tried the reset and that did not clear the error, I would lastly suggest calling phone support to see about a replacement or trade in printer. I will leave their contact info below.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.