01-31-2020 06:38 PM
all diagnostics say ready to work, keeps coming up that printer is in error state. finally received this error code. could use a little help here!
02-04-2020 07:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
Is the printer connected wirelessly to the PC?
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-04-2020 05:50 PM
I tried all of the things listed several times. none worked. scan doctor would not conclude operation. just state printer was in error state. so i tried other diagnostics, ms finally gave me a 705 error invalid port message. i tried the reinstall option twice kept getting same messages. usually this works when all else fails, not this time. so i went to printer profile there were no updates to driver. final effort was uninstall all HP drivers and software, ran a cleaner program (Glary utilities pro). then did anew install from scratch. after which there was an update required. it appeared to be an HP update. After all that and 1 day and half, everything worked well. I was pleased to find a fix app for the common error of printer offline now.
02-05-2020 07:11 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience. I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue and glad to know that it has been resolved now.
Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.
Happy to help!
I am an HP Employee