02-16-2020 06:00 AM
office jet 3830. error code oxb85c8a740.
tried to reinstall firm ware.
printer does not recognise computer connection.
printer screen informs paper jam. no there isn't. claims incompatible cartridge; it is genuine.
computer could not find printer; not surprising since printer does not recognise computer connection.
printer screen will not move past paper jam and incompatible cartridge except one time to give error code.
printer is about 1.5 years in use - but not much use
02-16-2020 06:12 AM
In some cases, remove the ink cartridges and reset the printer can solve the error.
- Turn on the printer.
- Before continuing, wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges of the printer.
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet.
NOTE: HP then recommends reconnecting the printer's power cord directly into a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically make it.It is possible that the printer goes through a warm-up cycle. It is also possible that the printer lights blink and the carriage moves.
- Wait until the preheat cycle and until the printer is idle and silent before continuing.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge, and then close the access door to the cartridges.
- Print a calibration page, if prompted.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
- Try to print.
Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.
02-16-2020 11:43 AM
it dd not work.
the printer does not recognise it is connected to the computer.
printer screen continues the message that it has been incorrectly shut down. that is wrong.
it has been CORRECTLY shutdown via the on/off button.
it also gives message that a incompatible cartridge has been inserted. that is also wrong. the cartridges are HP genuine.
there must be a serious fault with the firmware of this product.
02-20-2020 05:56 AM
i have endured the problem for weeks and been seriously inconvenienced. i must have tried 20 or more different 'solutions'.
i have bought a BROTHER.
it works. halleyula !!
it was more expensive but would have been even more worth it if i had bought it 1.5 years ago because i would n't have lost so much time messing with HP 'solutions' . the money for the HP is wasted.