Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error remove and replace ink cartridge on hp5746

office jet 5746
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP error message remove and replace ink cartridge on office jet 5746  cartridge refilled at Costco

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,567 10,547 790 785
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error remove and replace ink cartridge on hp5746

@circolo, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware-

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

The third-party ink cartridges/refilled ink will work. But there are many cartridges in the market which are refilled and sometimes the chip is not configured to work with the printer. You need to contact the cartridge manufacturer and find out why it is not working. Try a different cartridge supplier and check if that works.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation