Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 5050 - won't get past initial false paper jam!  Just bought this printer from HP in UK.  Powered up, installed ink cartridges ok. Loaded paper tray with A4 paper but printer says paper jam, even though none of the paper rollers have even moved or pulled anything through.  I've tried pulling out the power cord and waiting - as per support page - but it doesn't seem to even try to load the paper into the rear rollers.  There is certainly no paper actually jammed!  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @stkw11

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the paper jam error. 

I'd suggest you remove all the tape, stickers, and packing materials from the printer -

1) Remove all tape and packing materials from the outside of the printer, and then remove the sticker from the printer control panel.

Removing tape from the printer.

2) Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer, raise the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place, and then remove all tape and packing material from inside the printer.

Removing packing materials from inside the printer.

3) Close the ink cartridge access door.

Closing the ink cartridge access door.

4) Open the input tray door, pull it toward you to extend the input tray, and then remove the packing tape.

Opening the input tray and removing the tape.

5) Push the input tray forward until it clicks into place to close the input tray door. 

Closing the input tray.

If the issue still persists, try these steps - HP DeskJet, ENVY 5000 Printers - Paper Jam Error

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the standard reply to a paper jam on first printing.  However I had prepared the printer properly and already repeatedly been through the various website suggestions.  As I suspected none of these cleared the problem - and the issue boiled down to 2 possible faults.  First a mechanical failure of the paper feed roller mechanism but (second and) more likely a faulty sensor for the feed.   After 30 minutes on the phone to support the following day - and no resolution - the printer has been returned as faulty for refund.  I have bought an alterntative printer - HP ENVY Photo 6220 - which has two paper trays and has worked straight away from install!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.