Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my printer it will not print a full page and it misses the start of the print its like the paper is not loading correct   on a a4 print it is misses about 5/6mm                                 Alanmax

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @alanmax,

Thank you for the information.

I would like to know from which application you are printing?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and make sure that the page settings are correct on the computer.

http://hp.care/2s1beuN

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @alanmax,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing the full page and the top 5mm is not missing.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • From which application are you printing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and make sure that the page settings are correct on the computer.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi F ossette  its the bottom 5mm that is missing when it starts to print it starts about 5mm into the print which is what is missing at the end  i am running windows 8.1 i get one good print then it goes back to being short again Last time it was running right was about 30 prints ago and no changes to pc                               Alan

HP Recommended

Hi @alanmax,

Thank you for the information.

I would like to know from which application you are printing?

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your help i have only 2/3 mm gap at the mo and i can live with that again thanks for help and fast replys

Alan

HP Recommended

Hi @alanmax,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.