Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
printer officejet 7500A
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello 

After I upgread the  frimwear for  printer officejet 7500A  I do full reset

after that   the printer stopped at welcom screen   (install printhead) I use hp print assistent

to find out the problem  mseg say (The printhead identified  is missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed in the printer.)

I clean the head printer and remove it and istall again but it not working .

I use refill ink cartridge with auto reset chip (arc)

I test the headprinter  at another printer ....its working normaly .

could you help how can i resolve this problem.

thank you

3.png

4.png

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@almarafi

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 7500A printer. I understand that you are getting missing printhead error message and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Remove the cartridges, and then remove the printhead.

Clean the printhead again.

Reseat the printhead for three times.

Reset the printer.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello again.

thank you for your post.

I do all step but it still not work .

the problem happens After I upgrade the firmware to  (EMP1FN1621AR)   by (OJ7500_R1621A)

after upgrade  I do full reset from support menu then

the printer restart and stopped at (install print head)

before upgrade and full reset the printer work normally

I need rollback to the last firmware   (EMP1FN1437AR)

how you can help me?

Current version  EMP1FN1621AR.

Previous  version  EMP1FN1437AR.

thank you.

HP Recommended

@almarafi

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your Profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I have sent the required information in private message.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi

can you please send me pm how to reset the printer aswell.

I did factory reset from the printer itself (tools > factory reset)

but not much has changed

HP Recommended

@Leex, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

can you please help me do a full reset on the 7500a printer.  I am stuck at the "install printhead" animation video and none of the other buttons are enabled.

HP Recommended

@MYPRINTER7

I have sent you a private message. kindly check the same for the next course of action.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MY PRINTER HP7500A IS STUCK IN THE INK CARTRIDGE INSTALLATION VIDEO AFTER FULL RESET. NO BUTTONS ACTIVE TO RESPOND OR RETURN. 

THANKS

HP Recommended

@UNORA

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to remove cartridges? If yes, please remove and then perform a reset.

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If you've any other set of cartridges, do try them as well.

Also, follow the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-7500a-wide-format-e-all-in-one-printer-series-e910...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.