Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This message keep printing about avery 20 minutes. I have looked at soulutions which all say disable printer notification stauts......i cannot find this on HP8740.    

Note i have already uninstalled and reinstalled driver.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jeppo50.

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you need to turn off the printer notification.

Please follow the below steps this could fix the issue.

1. Open the Devices and Printers folder, right-click the HP UPD, and then select Properties.

2. Click the Device Settings tab.

3. In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable.

4. Click OK.

Figure : Enable or disable Printer Status Notifications

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you Raj1788, but i do not have this as an option in "installable options".. pretty sure i said this in the original post.

HP Recommended

@Jeppo50.

Thanks for the reply,

You can check the printer properties options to disable the notifications, if available.

Go to Disable SNP on Printer and follow the steps under "Use Device Settings tab in the property page to enable or disable SNP".

Also, check this solved forum thread with a similar issue: How to stop constant pop-ups re: printer cartridges?

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Have a great day.

Cheers;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.