10-21-2019 08:21 AM
The black ink doesn't work and there's a high pitched screeching sound when the ink moves back and forth. The color ink works fine but black won't work.
10-23-2019 12:22 PM
I'll be glad to assist you with the issue you are facing with your printer.
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Check for any jammed paper in the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322968/docu...
Check if there are any optical in the carriage path, refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322968/docu...
Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322968/docu... for Fixing Poor Print Quality Problems.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for joining the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee