Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

how do I find the WPS pin on my OfficeJet 4650 printer

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sheadean

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that want to find the WPS pin. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• WPS pin will be mentioned under the router, not on the printer.
  • You can also find out the wps pin form your computer.
  • Click here to find out WPS pin if you are using windows PC.
  • Click here for and follow the document for Mac OS.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The password I got from the Wireless Network window was a 16 alphanumeric code.  The one on my router was a 8 digit code.  How could either be right?  They wern't even close.  I tried both and they both failed.

HP Recommended

Hello. Just a little confused here. I followed your steps but it doesn't work. Also, you're saying the WPS Pin can be found on the router, not the printer. However when I add my HP from my laptop's settings, it specifically says there: Enter the WPS PIN for your printer. YOU CAN FIND YOUR WPS PIN ON YOUR HP-DIRECT-36-OFFICEJET-4650 PRINTER OR ON THE INFO THAT CAME WITH IT. Sorry for the caps lock but you're telling me to look for the info from the router or internet settings, but your set-up wizard is telling me something different. Please clarify. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.