Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Can't find in the instructions how to edit or delete e-mail addresses on the printer.  Can someone please walk me through the steps?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Zipporahmybaby,

I am guessing you are using the Scan to Email feature of the 8600 Plus, is this correct?

If so, do you have this printer connected via Wireless or Ethernet?  

If the printer is connected via a network connection, then one can access the Email Address book for the printer in the Embedded Web Server of the printer.

• Write down the IP address for the printer.  One can obtain this by pressing the wireless icon on the front panel (looks like a small cellphone tower at the top of the touch screen).
  • Type the IP address into your preferred browser on your PC
  • The window that loads is the Embedded Web Server or EWS of the printer
  • Click on the Scan tab
  • Select the Email Address Book option on the left.
  • This is where one can add and remove Email Addresses for recipients of Scan to Email

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey Zipporahmybaby,

I am guessing you are using the Scan to Email feature of the 8600 Plus, is this correct?

If so, do you have this printer connected via Wireless or Ethernet?  

If the printer is connected via a network connection, then one can access the Email Address book for the printer in the Embedded Web Server of the printer.

• Write down the IP address for the printer.  One can obtain this by pressing the wireless icon on the front panel (looks like a small cellphone tower at the top of the touch screen).
  • Type the IP address into your preferred browser on your PC
  • The window that loads is the Embedded Web Server or EWS of the printer
  • Click on the Scan tab
  • Select the Email Address Book option on the left.
  • This is where one can add and remove Email Addresses for recipients of Scan to Email

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Jason,

It worked!

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hey myzipporahbaby,

Glad to hear it got you where you needed to be.  I wish you the best in all your future printing and scanning needs.

Happy Printing!

P.S. - If the steps provided were able to solve the issue at hand, then one can mark the post "Accept as Solution" to indicate to future users how to solve this issue.

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
I am using the Scan to email but have run out of room.
I don't see the word Scan on the page that comes up when I put the no. in.
HP Recommended

Hey bevvanhorn,

I see you are trying to use Scan to Email, but are experiencing an issue.  What do you mean by you "have run out of room"?

Are you trying to scan from the computer software or the front panel?

If you are scanning from the computer software are you using a Mac or a Windows PC?

I will need some more information and description to be able to best assist with your issue.

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello!

What if you're not using a network, and it is connected with ethernet.  It won't let you select the wireless icon and or, I assume, edit the address book.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Jeremy

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the information above on how to delete unwanted email addresses from the HP printer.

I have been able to follow them up until selecting the scan/address function. At this point a small screen appears and asks me to enter my username and password (and that this should be the admin??) Has anyone else had somethng like this appear? Without putting this information in I am unable to see or amend the saved information.

Thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

Hi @Grant23

I recommend you to try username as Admin and password blank.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.