Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

See subject above.

I've had hp printers for a long time but.  Usually the print cartiredge move to the middle of the cavity.  The 8600 purchased last night, nothig.  I open the front panel OK now what?    Bill

HP Recommended

I have  951 xl cartages that were enclosed in the printer

hiw are they inserted

HP Recommended

I just bought the Pro HP 8600 Plus printer and like many questions on the internet I cannot install the ink cartridges.  The carrier is stuck on the right side of the machine, behind the control panel.  This is the same problem I had with my old HP printer and it could not be fixed.  Is my new printer a lemon or is there something I can do to get going?

Also, on the control panel, all icons are flashing and nothing comes up on the control panel screen. I saw that one user returned his printer and the replacement worked fine.

HP Recommended

@becreative1995 wrote:

Not having an easy time setting up my printer.  I don't see where the ink cartridges go.  I opened the front panel; but I don't see where or how the ink sets in the printer.  I think I am missing something.  Can some one help me.  Thank you,

HP Recommended

This is obviously not a new problem from the posts going back to 1-1-2011.  I am kinda pissed that my printer is doing the same **bleep** thing.  I don't want to have to try to pack this back into a box and return it to a store.  It would be nice if HP would respond with a solution (almost 2 years later).

HP Recommended

The link provided by ShlomiL in the 2nd post of 16 on this thread is the proper link to use to see how to replace the ink cartridges in an Officejet Pro 8600. Is the problem that you are having? Or is it another issue? Are there any error messages?

If the carriage is refusing to move over so that you can access it, one can try a hard reset to try and correct the issue. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.

To do a hard reset:

1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Good to know that you're still happy with it because I am quite annoyed with mine having the same issues.

HP Recommended

HP posting the same answers that don't fix the problems is not helpful.  {Content Removed}  Do you not think that we have all followed every one of your suggestions?  Why would I not watch the video, read the manual (again), and try the reset (for the sixth time)?  It would be far easier to do all of those things than send it back!

I just got off of chat with support and they told me to stick my hand in the printer and try to move the carriage.  Then I re-read the manual and it says not to do this due to risk of shock.  brilliant.

{Content Removed}

HP Recommended

Your link and your comments are not helpful.  Don't you think we would rather have the easy solution work instead of mailing a printer back to you?

HP Recommended

@KindaPissed wrote:

This is obviously not a new problem from the posts going back to 1-1-2011.  I am kinda pissed that my printer is doing the same **bleep** thing.  I don't want to have to try to pack this back into a box and return it to a store.  It would be nice if HP would respond with a solution (almost 2 years later).

I took my printer back to the store where I purchased it and the clerk took it out of the box and looked at it and decided it needed to go back to technical support to be looked at so dropped it on its back (from about 2 to 3 inches in height)  and might have jarred something loose or maybe the tech did the "hard boot" but in either case, the cartridge carrier moved over to the left within 3 minutes of the tech looking at it and loaded the cartidges and went through the setup and it printed just fine.  I got it home and tried copying a document and it copied just fine but made the most horrific noises (grinding, and grating) while printing.  I hope it is not broken from the clerk dropping it into the box.  

I also faxed some documents and that appeared to work just fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.