Papa_Smurph Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to completely reset the hp officejet pro 6978

hp office jet pro 6978

I am having trouble restoring my printer to it's original factory settings. I have tried everything I can find in the help section. at some point I must have changed the user name and password. I tried the standard defaults but keep getting the error message "Incorrect User Name and Password".    How do I remove the current user name and password?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
30,220 25,814 2,363 7,870
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to completely reset the hp officejet pro 6978

Recent changes in the HP Forum Rules forbid discussions here about bypassing product passwords.  I would suggest you contact HP Support for assistance.

From a post by Sunshyn2005, to contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation