Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3050A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I have a HP Deskjet 3050A All-in-One Printer J611a, which I purchased in Belgium with HP 301 cartridges. I currently live in the US (NY) where I couldn't find those cartridges. I saw that cartridges HP 61 black & tricolore were also compatible with my printer, but when I tried to install them I received the alert that "both cartridges are not compatible with this printer". After some research on the web, I figured out it has something to do with the settings for the region, and that we would need a regionalization reset to solve the problem. 

I've tried already to reinstall the software and drivers but it looks that isn't enough.

I was wondering if someone could help me to provide the right software and/or reset options.

Many thanks in advance

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JANvs

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thank you for the detailed information. I'd be happy to assist you.

Yes, we have to perform a region reset on the printer. Reinstalling the drivers would not help.

Find below the compatible ink cartridges for the printer

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi @JANvs

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thank you for the detailed information. I'd be happy to assist you.

Yes, we have to perform a region reset on the printer. Reinstalling the drivers would not help.

Find below the compatible ink cartridges for the printer

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I get a private message to perform a regionalization reset for my printer?

HP Recommended

Hi @Tovar

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• What model printer are you using?
  • Were the printer and the ink cartridges bought from different regions?
  • What is the error message that you get?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, Kumar. My printer is a HP 1510. I bought it in India and used it for some time there with the recommended cartridges HP 802. I am currently living in Russia. I ran out of my Indian stock of HP802 and was instructed to buy in  Russian the  equivalent original HP 122. I inserted both the color and black HP 122 cartridges in the printer and the printer does not print anything. Both lights on the panel are blinking constantly. Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

@Tovar, thank you for the information.

  

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, Kumar, I am ready for the resetting

HP Recommended

@Tovar

Are you using a MAC or a Win PC?

Keep me posted

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

WinPC. Shall we proceed with the reset?

HP Recommended

@Tovar, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action. Kindly check the same.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.