Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3054
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Deskjet 3054 has started printing a blank separator page before each print job. When I go into the advance settings it shows a box to put in a page separator description but doesn't give the option whether to print or not print the separator page.  I think it may have started after the last software upgrade.  How can I stop the separator page all together?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@ramtra08 Welcome to HP Community!

Here's all you need to know and do, to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Update your computer antivirus software

Update your preferred antivirus protection program. Then scan for and remove any viruses, spyware, and malware.

NOTE: 

You can get a free online antivirus scan from sites such as McAfee or Norton.

If removing any viruses, spyware, or malware resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ramtra08

Please try these steps -

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me but I still get the same blank separator page. The print and scan doctor didn’t help.  I can’t completely uninstall the basic software program. I can uninstall the help, HP improvement, etc. apps and the drivers per your instructions but not the main  “HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Series Basic Devise Software”. It starts to uninstall normally but gives me the following error message:

“Driver package uninstall error 5 for package.  C:\WINDOWS\System32\driverstore\filerepository\hpwia_dj3050_j610.inf_amd64_eaescda3eed107019\hpwia_dj3050_j610.inf.  A caller of driver package install must be a member of the administrators group to install a driver package”

Even reinstalling the software doesn’t eliminate the separator page. Again everything prints, just has the separator page for every program. Same whether I use spooling or print direct to printer. I'm connected via USB. It seems like the software setup should have a simple check box to opt in or not for separator page. This problem seems to have started last November-December.

Thanks for trying to help on this issue

Ramtra08

HP Recommended

@ramtra08

Try these steps - Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That did allow me to uninstall the program completely. I have reinstalled the latest software /drivers from the site.  Have  the same separator page problem. Also the new software doesn't have the desktop icons for the scanner or the link to the features to setup, personalize, check ink levels, etc. that it used to have.

HP Recommended

@ramtra08

Try adding the printer using the IP address -

1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel. 
8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer still prints out a blank page before every print job. Tried it wireless or through the usb. The software doesn't give any option to opt out of the separator page. Only a box to enter a separator page file name that you can browse for. I've left it blank.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times with no change and the troubleshooter program doesn't find any problems.

HP Recommended

@ramtra08

The Separator Page is a feature that is only used when there is a filename (.sep filetype) in the Separator Page selection menu. Leave the field blank to prevent use of the Separator file feature.

Printer_Properties_Separator_Page_1.JPG

Let me know if this helps. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I've posted before that separator file box has always been empty with no file name entered or showing so it has not made a difference

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.