12-19-2019 12:22 PM
First thing to try is the HP Smart software - clever little program and getting better with each release.
At THIS writing, I did not find an option for the smaller, custom photo print size - that might change.
HP Smart - Help for Windows
Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
Links to HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, includes an FAQ section
This can be done using Paint (mspaint). You have to calculate the image size percentage of 100%.
Print at Percentage of 100%
- Open image in Paint
- Open File Explorer > navigate to the folder in which the photo / image is stored
- Right-Click on Photo file > Properties > Details > Note pixels counts (width and height)
- Optional: Use Aspect Ratio Calculator to ensure the shape of the photo will fit on the shape and size of the paper you wish to use for the print
- Optional: Use Pixels to Print Size Calculator (calculator #2 on the page) to calculate the Pixels to Print Size
- Use the com 3-way Percent Calculator to calculate the percentage of the larger side (width or height) to obtain the percentage of 100 % when printed on your selected paper and at your desired size
- Print the file using Paint at the calculated percentage of 100%
NOTE: The example makes some assumptions and is meant only as a sample.
If you can get a hold of it, the old Windows Photo Viewer can print the photo on the selected paper, though the actual size is not easily attainable. Depending on the size of the original image, this might be close enough.
A really good alternative - one providing the option you seek - Irfanview
Easy to use - at least for this - the Irfanview works with your printer software to print the image you want, on the paper you want, at the size you want.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.