Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It may be a bit premature and politically  incorrect but I seemed to have solved this problem on my printer! I was using it this am no problems, printing out tax documents when it stopped with the above printer error (printhead error 0xc19a0003. I did the usual power down, remove print cartridges, pull the power plug, attempted to run printer diagnostics...no help. I reviewed a couple forums & nothing helped. I was able to get to settings to attempt a print head clean & alignment but there was a slight click & nothing happened. It's 1 year out of my extended warranty! Following the forums, after an hour or so I was ready to trash it as recommended & started to look for another printer. I was about to run out for several hours and out of desperation I got my trusty can of WD-40  & squirted a bit down the openings under the print cartridges then replaced them. I just got back after about 6++ hours and decided to give the printer another try. On the control screen, settings I initiated a printhead clean & surprisingly it started & printed out the best test page I've seen. I then did an alignment, & then printed 2 pages of a document with no problems. It may be premature but I hope this stays fixed!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

WoW!!! that sounds good .

Kindly help by taking picture where you dropped the WD-40  in printer. 

I'd certainly want to try.

Until then, happy Printing. 😀

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

hp 6830 printhead ink cartridge dock.jpg

I used the 4 holes in the printhead that match the holes in the cartridge. Continuing saga: after I wrote the forum input I tried to print it and got half a page  before it again stopped with the printhead error. It was late yesterday so I gave up. After church today, i tried again & after a couple power cycles & printhead cleaning attempts, again with a good test pages, I was able to print a new document page without a problem. It hung up twice when I tried to do the deep 2nd level cleaning so I just settled for the single printhead clean.  I doubt this is a real long term fix but the printer is at least now responding a bit. I'm willing to  try a few more times while I look for a new long term printer solution. At the moment, printhead cleaning is not working due to the error!

HP Recommended

final straw: after repeated attempts,  I can no longer get past the printhead error message. This last post is to just vent my anger that this well featured printer suddenly stopped working after 4 years, as if there was a trojan in the firmware to disable printing after 4 years! It is extremely suspicious that after the 1st printhead error, I was able to print a couple very good looking printhead test pages & a couple document pages before  the error messages came back, and now prevents running printhead cleaning & PC printing. It is extremely poor firmware design when the printer is able to print but is prevented from trying by the firmware. Since this printhead is not meant to be repaired & I must now trash the entire printer (vs the cost of repair), the firmware should always allow printing unless there is a major problem that is a safety issue, like a fire.  I've bought many HP computers and printers over the years but it's time to look at other manufacturers like my daughter who bought a Cannon printer when her HP stopped working late last year!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.