Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 7500A office jet printer (Model E910a/cartridge 920)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Due to high cost of replacing the original hp 920XL cartridge to the hp 7500A officejet printer,  is it recommended to refill the ink with universal refill (dye) ink bottle 100ml to the cartridge??? What are the pros & cons ???

How can we reset the ink level to the printer after re-filling the cartridge in cartridge cct???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am not a fan of refills, but you can't expect the universal ink (whatever that means)  on the market to have even close print result like original ink.

Maybe someone with more experience in refill can help you better.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Pros are the lower price of ink and lover cost of print per page.

Cons that might happen ( doesn't mean it will happen) lower print quality and printhead fail, ink leakage, the printer might not accept refilled ink cartridge. There is no ink reset option, you need to buy aftermarket ink cartridges with automatic reset ink level.  

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

First of all I should thank the Valsimot (Distinguished Professor)) for the prompt reply in minutes time.

I asked that question because due to the high cost of hp cartridges, many of our local sellers do not sell hp920XL.

and it is difficult to find in our area as well. If we order it that thru ebay or somewhere else it doubles the cost while adding the shipping charges. If we find it here in Sri Lanka hp 920 XL may go above 4000 Sri Lankan rupees and Universal ink 100ml  bottle says around 500 Sri Lankan rupees. (I do not know the exact capacity of the hp920XL in mililitres, may be one fourth)

Anyway, what I wanted to know was whether it is manageably accepted as I use this printer for my Home purposes.

Do you recommend any other ink brand outside hp? (Low cost)

And also I would like to say the efficacy of the printer is extremely high concerning the quality, performance and in wireless category.

At the same time I would like to ask are there any hp notes about hp ink in chemical wise. ie: Pigmented ink and Dye ink etc.

Thank you.

Gayan.

(Sri Lanka)

HP Recommended

I am not a fan of refills, but you can't expect the universal ink (whatever that means)  on the market to have even close print result like original ink.

Maybe someone with more experience in refill can help you better.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.