Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My low usage HP 8610 (3500 pages total) is printing green from the yellow cartridge. I have put through the 3 levels of print-head cleaning 2x with no discernible change.  How do I determine which print-head might need replacing. Any other steps to take?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@andersj9

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.

3. Swipe the display to scroll to Tools, and then touch Tools.

4. Touch Clean Printhead.

NOTE: Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal.
  5. When the first cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Examine the test page for print quality.

• If these steps resolved the issue, touch No to skip the other cleaning stages. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, touch Yes to start the second cleaning stage.

6. When the second cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Examine the test page for print quality.

• If these steps resolved the issue, touch No to skip the last cleaning stage. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, touch Yes to start the last cleaning stage.

7. When the last cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Touch OK, and then examine the test page for print quality.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, replace the printhead

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.