04-02-2017 08:34 PM - edited 04-02-2017 08:36 PM
the printer is HARD WIRED to the network. the client computers are a mix of hard wired and wifi. most clients are windows 10, but there are also 2 Macs running el captain.
sometimes when we don't print for a while, like a day or two, the first page comes out messed up. the page could either come out printed double over itself or just smugged/messed up. when we reprint it a minute later from the same computer, it looks fine. this happens with client computers connected to the network wired and wifi.
below is a sample of the "double prints" in case you don't know what i meant.
04-02-2017 10:52 PM
Drivers and Software, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more:
From the document list in Troubleshooting:
Follow the steps in the order presented
At the least, complete the diagnostic tests and the cartridge alignment.
Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!
Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
10-09-2017 09:48 AM
I'm about to pack it up and take back. I print very infrequently, but was attracted to the claim of price per page being 50% of other (even laser printing), but if I'm losing the first page every time that is pretty much nullified for me.
10-09-2017 10:43 AM
I don't have an answer to this. Other Experts are unlikely to read your post -- this is an old thread -- if you would like "fresh eyes" on the subject, please start your own thread on the subject. Be sure you include your printer model and Operating System version where asked when you start the thread.
You do, of course, have the option to return the printer.
Before you do so, consider contacting HP Technical Support to ask for help / options:
HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts
Open Browser to HP Forum,
Scroll down to the bottom of the page,
Click Contact HP
Shopping or Support > Get Started
Technical Support Details
USA / Canada
- Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact > Get started
- Click the Blue “?” to see help on finding your Product Number / Serial Number
- View Contact options
- For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
- Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596
Additional Information - "Things that are HP"
Need help finding your computer?
Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model
Help to find Product Information:
- Finding your Serial Number
Identify my Notebook Model
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model or Printer Number?
- HP Devices – Find Product Number
NOTE: Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter Serial Numberand Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:
Locked out of your computer?
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- I forgot my password can HP help me reset it
- Video HP How-to For You – The Password Recovery Episode
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
- HP Worldwide Limited Warranty and Technical Support
- HP Printers - Ink Cartridge and Printhead Limited Warranty
- HP Inkjet Supplies - Aging Ink Supplies Stop Working to Protect the Ink System (Ink “End of Life”)
- HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet Print Cartridges and Imaging Drums Limited Warranty Statement
Optional Coverage Plans:
Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.
03-13-2018 02:57 PM
I am an IT technician that supports over 200 clients in various hardware & configuartions
I have what I would call the same issue & so do some other clients that I recommend to buy this HP 8720 printer. We have used it on wireless Internet connections & also on an Ethernet connections. We have a mix of Apple Macs, Windows 10, iPhones & iPads. All can print to it.
The issue is the double print at random. I haven’t worked out a pattern and I can’t fix it and the rotten thing is I’m sure HP can’t fix it & it’s not returnable. Usually I spend hours on the phone for no result. That time is the same as going out & buying a new printer. So who is going to pay me to do that? I believe it’s a firmware issue within the printer.
Please fix it HP
04-24-2019 02:10 PM
I've got the same problem but I think the problem might be that the table my printer was on was not very sturdy and when I'd print a bunch of pages it would start to shake and move the print head back and forth horizontally. i've moved my printer to a sturdier desk and just printed 5 pages and they looked great. Hoping this solves the problem and helps someone else!