Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (81 Views)

hp 934 printer cartridge

Product Name: Printer Cartridge 934 Black
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased this cartridge at Walmart and was able to only get something less than 50 copies when I ran out of ink.  I tried to return the product to Walmart and they told me they don't take cartridges back and to let you know the problem I have. Paying what we do for a cartridge I feel we should be able to get more than 50 copies.  Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (75 Views)

Re: hp 934 printer cartridge

[ Edited ]

All depends on what you were printing.   How much ink you would be using.  Can you estimate what you were printing, black and white, color, text, graphics, pictures....???

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (31 Views)

We were printing only black and white text and only letters and numbers, no shaded areas that would consume large amounts of ink.

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (19 Views)

Here is a chart to help with Ink Cartridge Page Estimation.  All cartridges are based on a 5% coverage when new.

cartridge.jpg

Note:  A 5% coverage is about 6 single spaced lines of text on a page. No bold, graphics or pictures.  A full color photo would be 100% coverage.

A ‘regular’ page of text would be about 72 lines and give us 30% coverage (more realistic).  Don’t forget the font type and size you use will use more ink too.

Example: 564XL Black = 550 pages at 5% coverage.   

Your average page coverage you estimate is 30%.  So…550/6 = 91.

Therefore the number of pages expected (30% coverage) out of your cartridge would be about 90 pages.

A 564XL Color (750 pages) at 100% coverage yields – 750/20 = 37 pages.

You are using a 934 cartridge which can print 400 pages.

Sounds like you are using about 50% of the page for ink.   So here is your math.

400/10 = 40 pages.   If you we lower this to 30%, then 400/6 = 66 pages. 

Looks like you are right on target.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Hint: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual or on your printers HP Support Page. Remember, Google is your friend.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation