03-22-2019 02:26 PM - last edited on 03-23-2019 03:34 PM by rick-s
My hp Officejet 4650 won't print. It tells me that my "encryption credentials have expired" and that "This printer has been paused". It won't let me un-pause it and I don't have a clue about expired encryption credentials. I have tried shutting down/restarting; uninstalling/reinstalling, etc. I enabled the hp print drive, instead of the airprint drive, as recommended. (I'm running on macOS 10.14 Mojave) Nothing works. Help....extremely frustrated! Please email me at [personal information removed per Rules Of Participation]
03-25-2019 02:06 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Step 1: Delete the printer and add it again. This time when you pick the printer change the driver from "Secure AirPrint" to "AirPrint" instead.
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Step 2: Change your Admin/login password on your Mac and restart it.
Let me know how this goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-20-2019 04:36 PM
The printer has generated an expired server certificate. To resolve this issue please follow the directions outlined in the document "'Encryption Credentials Expired' Error Displays".
URL to document
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers.