Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 1000 printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

hp deskjet 1000 printer is approx 5 years old and has been under the back seat of my truck. i printed approx 25 pages when it was new and have not used it since that time. got the printer out and now i have dell inspiron m531r lap top. connected the hp printer with a usb chord and downloaded the latest software update from hp. when selecting "print test page" the printer works perfect as if it is printing, but the paper comes out blank. i have cleaned the ink cartridges with paper towel moistened with alcohol, run every test and head cleanning that hp offered on the troubleshooting section. the ink level indicators show the ink to be approx 80% full. and i have refreshed all the settings. i have rebooted printer and computer. i have checked and from any document, when selected for print, the printer thinks that it is printing. it even goes the correct speed with proper spacing, etc. just comes out blank. there is no dried ink anywhere on the print cartridge heads they are clean!!!   the printer is recieving data and thinks it is printing. therefore, the trouble shooting system does not give out any problem messages. i am concidering buying new hp61 cartridges, but this is a risk not knowing if the problem is in the cartridge.   ts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tomcat056,

You are right that it is a risk replacing the print cartridges. In all likelihood, the cartridges are dried out and the sensor is malfunctioning. New cartridges might not solve all of your printer problems. Honestly, printers weren't designed to ride shotgun in your truck. Personally, I would take the money you would spend on new cartridges and buy a new printer.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble printing.

Go to Printer Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for additional troubleshooting steps that might resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Click Thumbs Up if this was helpful. 🙂

I work for an HP Partner.

Click the thumbs up + button if this is helpful. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.
HP Recommended

@tomcat056,

You are right that it is a risk replacing the print cartridges. In all likelihood, the cartridges are dried out and the sensor is malfunctioning. New cartridges might not solve all of your printer problems. Honestly, printers weren't designed to ride shotgun in your truck. Personally, I would take the money you would spend on new cartridges and buy a new printer.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Hi tomcat056:

I recommend walking through the following troubleshooting steps.  If all else fails, the next logical step may be to replace the cartridge(s).

Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Deskjet 1000, 2000, 3000...

I am an HP employee.

Say "thank you" by clicking the Thumbs Up button in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" so others will benefit from the solution!
HP Recommended

When you cleaned the cartridges with the paper towel, did you see any ink on the paper towel?  I have found that when I blot the nozzle plate of a usable cartridge with a paper towel, ink will easily be drawn out onto the towel.  If you didn't see any ink on the towel, then the cartridges are either completely dried out, or there is too much air inside the nozzles of the cartridges, and the nozzles can't be "primed".

If you check your cartridges again to see whether you can draw any ink out of them, I recommend that you use a lint-free cloth, if you have one.  Moisten the cloth or paper towel with water only, and blot the nozzle plate carefully.  You can press and hold the cloth up against the nozzle plate for a few moments to allow the water to flow into nozzles.  Hopefully the water will contact ink that is remaining inside, and draw it out onto the cloth.  If you don't see any fresh ink come out onto the cloth when you do this, then I would recommend that you get new cartridges.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Ran cleaning tests, color samplese print no black.  Go to print a document and nothing. All I get is a blank page.

I have Windows 10 installed the drivers, made sure all cleaning tests where done, cleaned the cartridges (ink is not dried), followed everything on HP website and printer still prints blank pages.

I can't find a solution anywhere and if people tell me to clean the cartridges and go the site and follow steps. . . I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS AND STILL NOT WORKING!!!

I'm getting frustrated and really don't have money to buy new printer.  I'm starting to think I should have never stopped using Lexmark printers.  Never had an issue until I started using HP.

Can an employee pleae point me to a solution!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.