Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5640
macOS 10.12 Sierra

If i want to print via my iphone and ipad via airprint the devices dont recognize airprint.

Then i go to the "network" page of the hp printer webserver. 

Then i go to the "advanced settings" and then i see "Bonjour"

Then i see the Bonjour settings, i see Bonjour is activated (selected).

Then i hit the "submit/save" button.

when I check in my apple device for airprint it recognizes the airprint printer.....

so far so good.

But after 10 minutes waiting, i check via my iphone and aipad if the airprint printer is found, it recognizes AGAIN not the airprint printer. And when I re-submit on the Bonjour webserver page (like above) it again works for 10minutes... 

i hope you can help me with this problem, because it seems not a network problem, because the bonjour works fine right after submitting on the bonjour webserver page. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Saskinn,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you are having printing issues via iPhone and iPad using AirPrint using your HP Envy 5640 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

This seems to be an issue with the router settings, I would suggest you try to change the frequency to 11. If this is set to 11 change it to 6.

Please make sure to enable Multicasting within your router configuration, it is crucial for Airprint to function properly. if you fail to find any of the settings below, you may contact your ISP for further help:

1. Enter your router configuration page (The URL should be the same as the default gateway address of the PC or the printer).
  2. From the top menu, click Advanced.
  3. From the left menu, click Advanced Network.
  4. Under Multicast Streams, check the Enable Multicast Streams option.
  5. Click Save Settings and follow any step you may see on the screen,

Next thing, I would suggest here is Assigning Static IP & Manual DNS:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Here's related HP forum post which has helped others - Click here 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Saskinn,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you are having printing issues via iPhone and iPad using AirPrint using your HP Envy 5640 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

This seems to be an issue with the router settings, I would suggest you try to change the frequency to 11. If this is set to 11 change it to 6.

Please make sure to enable Multicasting within your router configuration, it is crucial for Airprint to function properly. if you fail to find any of the settings below, you may contact your ISP for further help:

1. Enter your router configuration page (The URL should be the same as the default gateway address of the PC or the printer).
  2. From the top menu, click Advanced.
  3. From the left menu, click Advanced Network.
  4. Under Multicast Streams, check the Enable Multicast Streams option.
  5. Click Save Settings and follow any step you may see on the screen,

Next thing, I would suggest here is Assigning Static IP & Manual DNS:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Here's related HP forum post which has helped others - Click here 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i couldnt find the frequency part, and also couldnt find the multicasting option in my router (asus rt-68)

But I think the dns part did work for me (at least it works now for 2 hours).

I will update this post if  it stops working!

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Saskinn,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.