Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymortgage Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp office jet 8600 will not feed documents into the copier from the top scanning tray

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer series - N911

When i place a piece of paper on the top autofeed document tray it will not pull it into the copy glass it makes all kinds of noise but does not pull the paper in

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,280 6,228 311 450
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp office jet 8600 will not feed documents into the copier from the top scanning tray

Hi @tonymortgage ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tonymortgage Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have seen this video and it was of no use whatsoever. That video is about paper feeding from the paper tray on the bottom.  My problem is with the Automatic Document Feeder on the top of the unit above the scanner.  You should be able to place 5 or 10 pages that need to be scanned or copied on the ADF and they should feed through and be scanned however my unit does not feed the paper through. I can hear it turning somewhere but it is not picking up any pages.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,280 6,228 311 450
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tonymortgage ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

In that case, Follow this link, select the right operating system, and update the firmware of the printer, and give it a try again. 🙂

Let me know. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Albrigha Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with this person assessment of the video and the problem being the auto paper puller form the top feeder. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation