Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canadales
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp officejet 4650 very slow copying

I have followed previous posts on this subject to no avail.  My printer suddenly started to take about 10 minutes to copy a page. Printing from my computer works just fine, scanning works just fine, but copying is sooooooo slooooow.

Appreciate any help to return it to normal.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,385 2,226
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@canadales,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I see you are having issues with the printer taking long time to make a copy. Don't worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Does it happen even while scanning from the printer?

Have you tried to update the printer firmware?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle and try making a copy.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to update the printer firmware, either directly from the printer control panel or download it from our HP website.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website

Once done, restart the printer and then try to make a copy and check.

If the above step does not fix the issue, then the problem with the scanner mechanism with the printer. You should contact HP Phone support for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
canadales
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have tried all these things and still sloooow. The web form goes nowhere as there is no send or next or enter button.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,385 2,226
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@canadales,

As I understand you are trying to fill in the form to contact our HP phone support and unfortunately, you are not finding the option. Don't worry I'm going to help you find the phone number. 

Could you please let me know the region/country you are contacting us from via a private message, And I shall help you with the information.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
fireahi
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem if this keeps up I'm changing brands of printer.......

0 Kudos
3,820 3,730 223 595
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fireahi

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation