Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So disappointed with HP!! Baby my printer use only genuine ink, its only 18 month old. Printing one minute, no printhead detected the next minute! I called HP and although this is a known problem they say they can not fix it and the only solution is to try to sell you another printer. WHY would I ever want to buy another HP printer again?? This is the second HP printer that I have had that didn't even last 2 years. I will be spending my money elsewhere since they do not seem to care about its products or their consumers. I will also be telling my story about this to everyone I know and all social media outlets. I was in Home Depot the other day looking at gloves and a stranger said "don't buy those they are no good." Well that's what I am going to do every time that I am in and office supply store, at my corporate office, and even Costco.

HP Recommended

On 01-17-2015 I  asked how I could remove the printhead of my Officejet 6700. How naive I was. Now I understand that there is no way for a User to remove the printhead. After 20 months of careful use I will have to trash an otherwise perfect machine. 

What a Wasteful Society to design a complex machine that has no user access to what is obviously a weak link.

I have been a faithful user of HP Products for many years. No more. I shall try a competitor and see if they are equally irresponsible.

HP Recommended

If my Officejet 6700 also doesn't have a removeable printhead (which would appear that all 6700's do not?), what additional steps could I take, short of taking this to a repair shop and being quoted a price that is about the same as a brand new printer?  I have bought (3) of these printers and I woudl really hope that HP has a solution that would help loyal clients, such as myself.

THanks in advance for your help!

HP Recommended

I have bought a number of HP printers in the last few years. I have the same problem with this model. First the colour cartridges stopped working after replacing them with geunine HP cartridges. Then the black started playing up  witht his errorr message. I managed to get it working occasionally. An e-mail exchange with HP management regarding problems with another model led me to believe that HP simply do not care about customer satisfaction. Write it off and buy another make!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input.  I couldn't agree more.  I bought (4) of these printers as well, thinking it was a good product.  HP has clearly shown that they could literally care less about their customers.  I'm sure glad that I purchased $100 worth of HP ink cartridges as well for this printer.  Again, a clear tactic by HP to sell more goods to the customer that are worthless.   HP is a terrible company and their primary incentive is to rip off their customers.  I think it's time for Costco to stop carrying HP and promoting their brand, as Costco couldn't have more opposing opinions of their customers.  Time to reach out to Costco.

HP Recommended

how do you do that?????

HP Recommended

NO LINK CAME UP

HP Recommended

The HP Officejet 6700 print head IS removable!

I am quite surprised the techs have not disclosed this.

When they say that it is "not removable" what they really mean is that it is "not easily removable" or "I don't know how to remove it."

The front cover must be removed by screwing out the  hexalobe screws which are size T 10. The print head can then be disconnected, removed and cleaned.

There is a tutorial on YouTube titled "How to replace the printhead of HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium Printer"  which can be found at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPXV3anp8E

I am told this will solve the problem. I do not yet have a matching tool for the screws but as soon as I do I will attempt to fix my Officejet Printer.

I have previously been a fan of HP and have recommended it to many in our group which has resulted, I am sure, in alot of business for HP. If the abovesaid remedy fixes my printer I will continue buying and endorsing it. 

HP Recommended

The HP Officejet 6700 print head IS removable!

I am quite surprised the techs have not disclosed this.

When they say that it is "not removable" what they really mean is that it is "not easily removable" or "I don't know how to remove it."

The front cover must be removed by screwing out the  hexalobe screws which are size T 10. The print head can then be disconnected, removed and cleaned.

There is a tutorial on YouTube titled "How to replace the printhead of HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium Printer"  which can be found at:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSPXV3anp8E 

I am told this will solve the problem. I do not yet have a matching tool for the screws but as soon as I do I will attempt to fix my Officejet Printer.

I have previously been a fan of HP and have recommended it to many in our group which has resulted, I am sure, in alot of business for HP. If the abovesaid remedy fixes my printer I will continue buying and endorsing it. 

HP Recommended

I use Ink 932 & 933.  Not listed on the link you provided even though I have the HP Office Jet 6700 Premium All-In-One Printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.