Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PC Dell Inspiron; printer HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I first try to print each day my printer is offline. I use HP Print & Scan Doctor and after it's finished it says it's a print queue issue and it's back online. Wireless internet. How can I fix this so it doesn't continue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@cmo0704 

If the problem is with the Print Service, then Restarting it should fix the issue.

You can reset the Print Services setup manually - perhaps that will help resolve the issue if the print service is indeed the underlying cause of the problem.

Print Queue / Print Service Reset

If the print job will not cancel or if the print job is stuck in the queue

If the issue is due to Print Services being stuck / hung, the following should fix the problem.

Stop print service, clear the print folder, Start print service

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down, find, Right-Click, and Stop Print Spooler Service

Open File Explorer (formally Windows Explorer)

Navigate to the folder and Delete the files from folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

Start Print Spooler Service

Next...

Troubleshooting document:

Printer is Offline (Windows)

The first section does suggest using the Doctor.

Since that is not resolving the problem (that is, everyday the printer is "offline"), try the next solution(s).

For example,  Start at Step 2 and continue.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have the same printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 6968). It worked absolutely fine for a year after my purchase ($150+ here in Canada) and then suddenly one fine day.. this printer *consistently* started showing up OFFLINE everywhere I looked.

My Win10 laptop cant find it, despite it being there.. me and my wife's android HP Smart app doesn't discover it anymore and it just remains sitting offline. It only connects fine to the 2.4 Ghz wifi in our house but that's it - nothing more, nothing less.

- It remains offline and wont configure/show up in Win10 laptop application, Windows Printers/Scanners list, HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 application for Win10 keeps showing it unreachable. The printer is unable to establish any communication with my devices.

The ONLY way to connect with it is via WiFi Direct (direct wireless connection between my phone/laptop to the printer - without connecting to the home wifi network)

I've tried all I can (I'm an IT guy myself) - why does this have to be so infuriatingly frustrating !? Is this a planned obsolescence / forced sunsetting and imposed purchase on us?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.