Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 8620 i
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I Have Officejet Pro 8620 (really like it), I bought it in Dubai UAE and did not realize that the printer came with US ink cartridges (951XL z10), couple of days ago I went and bough 951XL ink cartridges but only  Z20 are available in UAE so when I installed them I got incompatible ink cartridge error.

My friends brought me 951XLZ10 cartridges from the US, but the ink carriage is stuck in the right far end of the printer so I CAN'T REPLACE THE ORIGINAL Z20 CARTRIDGES with Z10s. I even tried to do a PRINTER RESET through the SUPPORT MENU - nothing works. This is frustrating, as I have only used GENUINE HP INK.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to fix this issue? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WB2020, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP introduced regionalized cartridges (Z10, Z20, Z30 and Z40) for the previously universal 950/951 cartridges in about January 2017.  The printer will "lock" itself to the first Zxx cartridge installed in the printer.  If you are in the US/Canada you will need Z10 cartridges, but the printer may have been locked to another region by accident.  In that case, you will need to perform a "Regionalization Reset".  

If the print carriage is stuck, perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document. Once the carriage is able to move freely, we can perform the reset on the printer.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.