Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 8150 made in 2005
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

have hp photosmart printer. 8150   obtained it recently . brand new never used. need to know what number ink cartridges that will work. since it was made in 2005 and 2007 they changed some things.  research shows it should be #344, 348, 100, 339.

other info i received indicated #94,95, 96, 97. can anyone tell me which cartridges will work with this unit.? i see both sets of numbers are available. but want to make sure i get the correct ones. help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It depends on the region of your printer market. If you buy Photosmart 8150 in Europe or in America they use a different ink cartridges #.

The #348 and #344 are for Europe, #94 #95 should be for America. The cost of 2 new ink cartridges will probably be high as a buying a new printer, also getting a 12-year-old printer model to work with latest win10 can be tricky.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.