07-11-2017 06:20 PM
I would like to set my HP OfficeJet 8710 to default to black and white printing. ie when I select print from any application on my computer/laptop or ipads that it always defaults to Black and White printing.
I cannot seem to find anywhere to do that.
07-11-2017 10:11 PM
A such can be configured for each device, not generally for the printer..
Follow the steps below in order to print using Black Ink only from Mac OS X:
1. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.
2. To access the color options, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.
5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.
6. Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset, it will then default to black & white from your Mac.
From iOS device you may use HP Smart to print Black & White only, but it should be set for each job and cannot be set as default...
From HP Smart select your file and hit print, then click the settins toggle at teh top and select Color, from there you may select Black & White for the specific print job.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
01-09-2020 01:36 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!