Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
PH 17-G121WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've opened a Word doc for an envelope printing job. Printed one with "mailings" tab. No problem. Wanted to print 25 of them. Put 25 envelopes in the 8710, set it to #10 envelopes, then hit FILE>PRINT>enter. 8710 Screen displays error. Paper Mismatch. Says the paper is still 8.5x11. But it isn't, I checked again. Checked Word AGAIN. Tried AGAIN. READ ALL THE HP "FORUM" RELATED ARTICLES. There really is no solution listed.

(Apparently, this HP 8710 is notorious for this error. So, if there is, as it seems, no solution, can you suggest an upgrade to a printer that does have the capability of recognizing paper changes accurately and printing without this unprofessional horrible error--preferably one that has good support ? I'd be very glad to hear, so that I don't lose another $120 on my next purchase.)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In the 8600 Printing preferences what is selected under "Paper Size"?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you/ It is an 8710 model, and the paper size in Word and for the printer is #10 envelope, because that is what I want to print.. When I print straight from the Word "mailings" tab, it only allows printing one at a time, but at that point, the 8710 automatically prints without even designating that the "envelope" size be chosen first. However, when I try to choose file>print, for multiple copies, it DOES show an error of PAPER MISMATCH, and even when envelope is chosen, it WILL NOT PRINT.  THE ERROR SIGNAL, THEN, IS IN ERROR.

HP Recommended

Was the file saved as a envelope one or did you use a envelope template? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It is not saved as an envelope. It is saved as a Word file. Word is having no problem populating the correct type of paper and size of paper to the printer. The printer is not functioning properly to accept and print accordingly. I have never had a printer that didn't automatically set the type of paper, or if set manually, did not function properly. This is a basic, simple operation that I have used on printers since my first one in 1996, and I'm sort of amazed it is unable to do it. I replaced an older HP recently which performed this operation perfectly. Just saying....I'm always printing bulk envelopes, and it is important to me, so I'm pretty disappointed this doesn't work right./ Thanks for your time....

HP Recommended

What has worked for me is using a Word envelope template.

HP Recommended

Of course, that's what we're doing here. Using the envelope size in word, #10. And so why does the 8710 say that the paper size is mismatched when the setting on it says #10envelope, the paper in it is #10 envelope, and the word "template" if you must, is set for size#10??????????? Is anyone from HP interested in answering this request????????????? Even better, with a solution?????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.