Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am using a HP PSC 1510 printer on Windows 7.  Everything worked just fine until recently when I found I couldn't print anything from the Internet, i.e. banking details, emails etc.  I can print from Word Pad but that's all.  I don't get any error messages. I get a deafening silence - no strange whirring,buzzing or grunting - just nothing at all.  Hope someone can help.  I have checked all connections, ink, paper etc. nothing jammed.   thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I'm betting that there might be a conflict between the driver and the browser. Try using an alternate browser, like IE or Firefox. If that doesn't work, or you don't want to, try using an alternate print driver. The instructions for that are below. Let me know what happens.

To use an alternate print driver for HP printers in Windows 7:
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on your printer.
4. Select Printer Properties.
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Click on New Driver.
7. Click Next.
8. Select HP from the first list.
9. Select Deskjet 450 from the second list.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to close the window.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
What browser are you using? HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://goo.gl/3DAkq
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am using Google Chrome and have used the HP Print Doctor but no joy.  I can't remember the exact message but it was to the effect that they could find nothing wrong.  The printer works if I use an Apple but my PC doesn't seem to accept it.  Yet, I can print from the Word programme but nothing from the Internet, no emails, nothing from bank sites etc. etc.  I have checked and double checked cables, all lights etc. are on and the cable that works on the Apple is the same one I use on the PC.  It worked fine until I left here and was away for a few months but when I came back here it got into a huff - a bit of resentment going on, ha.ha.  thanks for trying to help.  Any other suggestions please?

HP Recommended
I'm betting that there might be a conflict between the driver and the browser. Try using an alternate browser, like IE or Firefox. If that doesn't work, or you don't want to, try using an alternate print driver. The instructions for that are below. Let me know what happens.

To use an alternate print driver for HP printers in Windows 7:
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on your printer.
4. Select Printer Properties.
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Click on New Driver.
7. Click Next.
8. Select HP from the first list.
9. Select Deskjet 450 from the second list.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to close the window.
Signature
HP Recommended

I can't print from the internet today. It has been fine before todAy

HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are unable to print from the internet. Are you still experiencing the problem?

If so, please respond to let me know which web browser you are using to print from. Also, you can try printing from another browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome if you are using a Windows OS.

If you require further assistance, please respond with:

-Your Printers Model Number

-Your Operating System

Thank you!

Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have windows 8, use Mozilla Firefox.  My printer is HP office jet pro 8500 A910

When I select print from the internet and hit ok, it shows FAX.. not printer.

How can I change it?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Hp office jet pro 8500 A910 is the printer, windows 8, I use Mozilla, Firefox

When I am on the internet and hit print and then ok, it says FAX not printer.

My printer has been working fine, this just happened yesterday.

HP Recommended

I had the Opposite problem - HP 1510 & Windows 7.  I could print from the internet, but not Word or Acrobat pdf.  Using the 450 driver fixed it.

Too bad it took 4hrs of troubleshooting.

Thanks

HP Recommended

For me it was a Firefox issue - I disabled the pop-up blocker for my email account and I was able to print ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.