12-04-2019 10:42 AM
MY INK JET PRO 6975 IS NOT PRINTING ALL THE COLORS. i HAVE CLEANED THE PRINT HEAD AND UTILIZED THE FEATURES ON THE PRINTER TO CLEAN CLEAR AND CLEAN SPEARS AND I AM BURNING THOUGHT INK JUST TRYING TO CLEAN THE PRINTER AND GET A DECENT PRINT QUALITY.
I HAVE CHECKED FOR NEW FIRMWARE AND NO RESULTS.
IS IT TIME TO JUNK THE PRINTER AND GET AN EPSON?
ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.
12-06-2019 02:51 PM
@GOOGKY Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to print in color.
Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges?
Please let me know are you able to make a copy without any issue.
For now, try these steps:
Make 2 copies in color directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.
If it copies fine it could be a driver issue.
Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check-in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, (it can be accessed from Control Panel) select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the driver's tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the Run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
Restart the PC again.
- Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2Gt3NRq and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This should fix the issue.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!