Did you mean: 
GOOGKY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iNK JET PRO 6975

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY INK JET PRO 6975 IS NOT PRINTING ALL THE COLORS.  i HAVE CLEANED THE PRINT HEAD AND UTILIZED THE FEATURES ON THE PRINTER TO CLEAN CLEAR AND CLEAN SPEARS AND I AM BURNING THOUGHT INK JUST TRYING TO CLEAN THE PRINTER AND GET A DECENT PRINT QUALITY.

I HAVE CHECKED FOR NEW FIRMWARE AND NO RESULTS. 

IS IT TIME TO JUNK THE PRINTER AND GET AN EPSON?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,157 2,157 97 174
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iNK JET PRO 6975

@GOOGKY Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print in color.

Are you using  HP genuine ink cartridges?

Please let me know are you able to make a copy without any issue.

For now, try these steps:

Make 2 copies in color directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.

If it copies fine it could be a driver issue.

Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check-in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, (it can be accessed from Control Panel) select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the driver's tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the Run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.

Restart the PC again.

• Then download the latest full feature driver from  http://hp.care/2Gt3NRq and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
  • This should fix the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation