Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iOS Catalina Driver Availability?

OfficeJet Pro 8035
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Just purchased a new OfficeJet Pro 8035 today.  The setup process was horrendous because apparently there are no drivers for iOS Catalina.  Wireless setup was not seamless and trying to establish a link between the computer and the printer was difficult to say the least.  WHEN ARE THE DRIVERS FOR CATALINA GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,261 6,248 456 499
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BPGeneva, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you'd want to configure the HP Officejet Pro 8035 All-in-One printer on your Mac computer. This printer is designed to work with the HP Smart App and there are no drivers available for Mac OS as such. 

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App (Mac) for help with the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
BPGeneva
Level 1
12 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this information.  I did use the HP Smart App for installation.  As noted, it did not go as seamless as hoped.  As an example, the app wouldn’t recognize the printer very well.  I had to go to Apple System Preferences and add the printer manually.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,261 6,248 456 499
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BPGeneva,

Print a Wireless test report and share the results with us for further assistance.

A Wireless Network Test Results report lists important network settings such as network status and the printer IP address.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon 

2. Swipe up on the display to touch Reports, and then Wireless Test Report.

A Wireless Network Test Results report prints.

Example of a Wireless Network Test Results report

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation