Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been unable to print anything with my HP 3830 displaying the error "Remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed". I have done this and I have tried rebooting the printer but that doesnt work.  There is ink in both cartridges. looking at other posts, i can only assume i need new cartridges. As i am signed up to instant ink can someone send me some new ones?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Annette1970 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

Please reset the printer. To do so, do the following steps:

1. turn on the printer and wait until it stops making noise
2. Remove both cartridges and close the access door.
3. Now, with the printer on, unplug the power plug from the back of the printer and wait 60 seconds.
4. now plug in the power cable and put the cartridges back in.

How is the result?

Best,

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hi Nils ,

Sorry , this did not work.

Annette

HP Recommended

not sure if you saw my previous reply, but this didnt work

HP Recommended

Hi Annette,

I am sorry - I forgot to reply you. 😬

Do you still have the old cartridge? If so, please insert it. Does the error message change then?

Please clean the electrical contacts of the printer with glass cleaner and use this instructions:

HP inkjet printers - Cleaning the Contacts

If this doesn't help either, please let me know. 😊

Cheers!

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hi Nils,

This didnt work, but i have noticed the estimated black ink level is now zero! it didnt show this before and printer assistant now says "problem with cartridge".

As i am signed up to instant ink can HP send me a new black cartridge as part of this contract?

Thanks

Annette

HP Recommended

The document here has information on contacting HP to get replacement Instant Ink cartridges.  Log into the HP Instant Ink site, the phone number (or chat option for some countries) will be listed in the lower right of the opening screen.  You may need to wait until Monday for access to Instant Ink support.

Instant ink UK.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.