Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600

We travel away from home for about 2 months and when we return the ink cartridges no longer work in my Officejet 6600 and I have to replace all the cartridges.  I have tried doing a cleaning cycle several times and that doesn't help.   I am looking for suggestion as to how I can maintain the integrity of the cartridges when the printer is not going to be used.  Can I remove the cartridges and wrap them in plastic?  Some of the cartridges in the printer at this time are practically brand new so I don't want to have to replace a full cartridge because the print head dried up.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Removing ink cartridges from your model of printer and turning it OFF is the worst thing you can do.

User manual page 71 read CAUTION section at the bottom.

The only thing that will make your printer to work is to use it.

If you leave it for a longer period without using you never know what's going to happen when you try to use it back again.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.