Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ink cartridges don't work after printer not used for awhile

HP Officejet 6600

We travel away from home for about 2 months and when we return the ink cartridges no longer work in my Officejet 6600 and I have to replace all the cartridges.  I have tried doing a cleaning cycle several times and that doesn't help.   I am looking for suggestion as to how I can maintain the integrity of the cartridges when the printer is not going to be used.  Can I remove the cartridges and wrap them in plastic?  Some of the cartridges in the printer at this time are practically brand new so I don't want to have to replace a full cartridge because the print head dried up.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,297 3,291 379 477
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ink cartridges don't work after printer not used for awhile

Removing ink cartridges from your model of printer and turning it OFF is the worst thing you can do.

User manual page 71 read CAUTION section at the bottom.

The only thing that will make your printer to work is to use it.

If you leave it for a longer period without using you never know what's going to happen when you try to use it back again.

#stayathome#ostanimodoma

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation